Welcome to the British Undergraduate Cardiovascular Association!
Currently in the fourth year since it was first created by medical students for medical students, BUCA seeks to promote undergraduate cardiovascular medicine in the UK and support medical students interested in pursuing a career in the field. We are a proud associate of the British Cardiovascular Society (BCS), represent aspiring cardiologists and cardio thoracic surgeons. Our aims are to:
- Provide networking and educational opportunities relating to cardiovascular medicine, including careers and sub-specialities.
- Provide specialist courses including revision, educational, masterclasses led by leaders in the field.
- Connect and facilitate cardiovascular research and networking among medical students and doctors across the UK.
- Organise annual international student conferences as a platform to showcase the cutting edge research produced by medical students & new junior doctors within the UK.
- Provide opportunities to practice relevant clinical skills and OSCEs that form part of the medical curriculum.
We hope you resonate with our cause! Get in touch with us if you would like to collaborate, or have any questions at all!